Enjoying a nourish bowl with a dear friend one afternoon, we spoke about how empty our tanks have become. Being a mother it seems is draining. Friendships are harder to maintain- not because you don’t want to but even typing on whats app seems tiring. Conversations become more curt and straight to the point. Not because we want to come across as snobbish or fussy, but because we have less energy to be tactful or waste time trying to be gentle.
The make up face. The clean clothes we are wearing. The weary smiles. Sometimes motherhood transform friendships. It is not because we don’t want to, but because in our quietness and straight to the point conversation we know that as long as our kids are happy, no one gets killed and we get coffee… the day is good. Very good.
- 1 pomegranate juiced with seeds
- 1.5 cups of coconut water
- 1 tbsp raspberry powder
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1/4 iqs gelatine bloomed with 1/3 cup water
- Raw chocolate to top it off- whisk 1/4 cup of coconut water with 2-3 tbsp of cacao power. Fold in melted cacao buttons.
- Whisk all in sauce pan and simmer. Strain seeds. Whisk gelatine in and pour in a mould. Set in fridge for 1 hour or so.
- Make raw chocolate. Pour over it and sprinkle chopped pistachios. Return to fridge for another 20 minutes or so till all is set.