It was a kid’s party. I’m staring at tiny teddies, fairy bread, cordial, meat pies, iced cupcakes. Talk about gluten and sugar filled treats.
Asher got away with a small triangle of fairy bread and two tiny meat pies.
There were lollies in the goodie bag, but he only wanted the bubbles.
Then we ate lunch as a family at a cafe, where Asher tucked into a plate of roasted beetroot, potato, sweet potato, carrots, quinoa with almonds and even sneaked in some spinach leaves.
I posted this on Instagram and it was re posted a few times. Totally a favourite in my household.
- 2 cups of hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chai tea (I used a rooibos one for non caffeinated)
- pinch of salt
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- 2 small pears or 1 large one (reserving a few pieces for decoration)
- Optional: cacao nibs and chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line loaf tin.
- Into a food processor goes all the ingredients (But the reserved pear). Spoon mixture into tin. Top with pear and hazelnuts if desire. Bake for 45 minutes.