Asher: Looking at my plain finger nails. “Not pretty fingers mummy” (Shaking head)
Asher: “Mummy is pretty.”
Me: “Thanks ash! What about daddy?”
Asher: “Not pretty.”
Me: “oh? what is daddy then?”
Asher: “Daddy is beautiful!”
Me and hubby: “awww.ok. What about you?”
Asher: “I am a good boy.”
Tap fell off.
Asher: “Oh no! Mummy broke it!”
Me: “Oh, the tap was already loose. I didn’t break it. Maybe it wasn’t fix on properly.”
Asher: Who broke it?”
Me: “I don’t know Asher. I think it has been that way for a long time. Who do you think broke it?”
Hubby parallel parked the car.
Asher: “Good parking daddy”
In the car as we drive out.
Asher: “Time to go home. I want to sleep in my room on my train pillow.”
Asher is really into his bickies and cookies recently. In my attempt to experiment to make some at home, I read and discover the use of gelatine. The result was better than what I thought. The gelatine, egg and coconut oil bind it together. I used a mixture of arrowroot and coconut flour so it is not only nut free, but it provided a more “cookie” like texture. A winner in my books as it is really simple to whip up!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp gelatine (with 2 tbsp water)
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 egg
- 2 squares of lindt 85% dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line cookie pan with baking paper.
- Bloom gelatine with water for 5 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients together. Spoon and flatten onto baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes till golden brown.