Have you ever wondered how quickly time just seem to go by these days. So quickly that you can’t seem to catch your breath? In my teens, I had a grand plan. I wanted to graduate and find a job in my 20s. I wanted to travel and hopefully if God willing have a partner. Then along came Asher- which was of course, what we always wanted. Then it’s a matter of ….
We are quick to reflect on our blessings. Also quick to realise that they “now what” is a reflection of our tiredness earlier in the year where we felt swamped with different commitments. Suddenly it seems that life became like a revolving door-where we just seem to go round and round in circles.
The holiday helped. More importantly we decided to take charge and make a few changes. Perhaps start my simplifying our life further. Scheduling less and less. Making time as a couple. Later in the year, there would be some work changes which would hopefully help in keeping me focus and less scattered. Tough decisions.
Today, all I have to share is this quick and easy orange pistachio cakes. I’m using my food processor more often than none for baking these days. Giving it a few whiz and batter done. So easy! Plus I can put it all in the dish washer.
We love this easy to do tea cake and hope you do too.
- 2 oranges- steamed for 20 minutes. Cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup pistachios
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 3-4 drops of Doterra Lemon essential oils
- 6 cacao butters
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp raspberry powder
- Line baking pans with baking paper. Preheat Oven 180C.
- Place all ingredients but pistachios and give it a whiz till it all comes together. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Icing- melt cacao butters. Using a whisk, whisk all ingredients together. Spread on cooled cake.