You know my love for creating breakfasts. We have a great start to the new year with the public holidays. That usually means I try to make something up fresh for all of us. On other days though, I like to whip up a loaf of some sort and toast it for breakfasts for the boys.
I’m a little boring for breakfasts usually- I like my predictable yogurt with home made granola or eggs for breakfasts at home. Somehow, I find comfort in that. At times though, I do break the tradition and have waffles, pancakes or even a slice of loaf.
Breakfasts for lunch or snack? That’s a different story. You can find me eating eggs anytime of the day, or a sneaking in a spoonful of nut butter. Perhaps even toasting up a slice of banana bread before my workouts.
I love love love this loaf that I made some time back. A very simple Apple Blueberry Lemon Loaf. The sweetness of apples is balanced by the tartness of lemon and blueberries. It is nut free as well which is a good school item if that’s in your territory (not too far for me too!).
- 1 apple diced
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice. I used almond or coconut
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zest
- 1/2 cup blueberries for topping.
- Preheat Oven. Line baking loaf
- Whisk wet to dry ingredients (Except blueberries!) Spoon into lined baking loaf and top with blueberries and more shredded coconut. Bake 180C for 45 minutes.