I know the craze over a thermomix. I am tempted. So ever tempted. After all, a machine that chops, cooks, stirs, steam that looks space like is pretty enticing. It does consists of a hefty price tag of $2000 which makes me hesitate.
Maybe one day we will “invest” in one.
Right now though, I work my handy food processor and oven hard. Especially my oven. Moving into this house, we installed a 1.5 oven. I should have gone for a double oven on hindsight. A typical weeknight dinner consists of a roast chicken, and at least 2 trays of vegetables ready to be roasted. I rotate my vegetables on a weekly basis. So far, I have roasted
-snap and snow peas
– spaghetti squash
– brussel sprouts
Please let me know if there are anything that I have missed out in this list 😉
Some weeknights, I make stuffed capsicum. This time though, I spotted some gorgeous huge mushrooms at the markets we go to and I thought, why not make stuffed mushrooms. It was such a winner with Asher that he ate 2 huge ones. The bonus was he discovered that he really likes mushrooms! So much so that he can have it for breakfast.
- 12-14 gigantic field mushrooms
- 400 grams beef mince
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp of italian herbs
- 2 tsp of oregano
- handful of fresh basil
- 1 shredded carrot
- cracked pepper
- (salt- I didn't use any as I had some crumbed feta cheese on hand)
- optional- crumbled feta cheese
- Marinate beef with herbs, carrot, eggs and seasoning Set aside while you prep the mushrooms.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. You can chop it and add it to the beef mixture if you like.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper. Line mushrooms on it and spoon mixture onto mushrooms.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve with kale chips and a cucumber tomato salad (or more roasted veggies)!